How to get the character?

Back
Sweze
Nov 2023
5 months ago | 22 • By Sweze

I've wanted to get the character parts or its welds, so I could animate them or find specific positioning, also need it so I can make the character look at the mouse for spells and magic.

Trying to make an rpg game

Owns: Synapse | Sentinel | RC7 | Protosmasher | Elysium | RC-M | Synapse X | Hexus | Axon | WeAreDevs

Index Plus Deluxe
Sep 2019
5 months ago • By Index

As of right now there is no way to animate the character or manipulate individual body parts. I believe this is a planned feature however. :)

Good luck!

hey, i'm Index! :)

Sweze OP
Nov 2023
5 months ago • By Sweze OP

Ah alright, I'll resort to making a fake character, by making multiple parts that are exactly like the typical polytoria character, I'll be able to make it move and animated more, I'm supposing its not possible to animate the character due to how the character is rigged in Unity and isn't individually a part on each of its body parts.

Thus I'll have to make my own fake physics and such, but it won't happen to be too advanced since I don't have enough knowledge for making a real physics engine work with another physics engine, perhaps parts that have bodygyro and bodyposition on them and detects collision of any parts before they hit the bodypart and lose velocity, then try to make that velocity apply to all of the body.
shame about the accessories though.

Owns: Synapse | Sentinel | RC7 | Protosmasher | Elysium | RC-M | Synapse X | Hexus | Axon | WeAreDevs

fishen
Mar 2023
5 months ago • By fishen

ive actually tried doing this fake character thing for my game and uploaded a few meshes to do that
but apart from the character i had to remake the whole camera, animator movement and tools systems from scratch
considering how buggy polytoria currently is, it's really not worth it